Corporate Tax Credit Scholarships
- Who can receive a Corporate Tax Credit Scholarship?
This program is the most restrictive. The student must meet the following criteria:
- Student’s family income cannot exceed 185% of the income required to qualify a child for reduced price lunches per the table below AND Is entering the private school after attending an Arizona public school full-time for at least 90 days of the prior school year or one full semester prior to the transfer in the current school year: OR
- Is enrolling as a kindergarten student; OR
- Has received, for any year, a scholarship under one of the above criteria OR,
- From the original individual scholarship program or the switcher individual scholarship program if the student continued to attend a private school.
Household Size Maximum Household Income 1 $40,659 2 $54,828 3 $68,998 4 $83,167 5 $97,336 Each add’l member $14,238
*Note: STOs are allowed to award only up to a state-mandated maximum for the year. In the 2015–16 school year, the scholarship limits are $6,500 for students in grades 9 – 12, and $5,200 for students in grades K – 8.
Who can contribute and claim the Corporate Tax Credit?
C Corporations and S Corporations with an Arizona corporate tax liability are allowed to contribute and redirect some of their tax liability to a School Tuition Organization. Corporations may not nominate individual students for scholarships; however, they may request that students from a particular school be the primary recipients of a donation. If you know of a C corporation or S Corporation interested in taking advantage of this tax credit please contact Kristie Berg or Katie Charles at 602.955.8200.
School Tuition Organizations (STOs) offering these scholarships:
- Arizona Tuition Connection (ATC)
- Arizona Leadership Foundation (ALF)
- Arizona School Choice Trust Foundation (ASCTF)
- Institute for Better Education (IBE)
- Tops for Kids (T4K)
- Arizona Private Education Scholarship Fund, Inc. (APESF)
- Arizona Scholarship Foundation (ASF)
- Arizona Independent Schools Scholarship Foundation (AISSF)
- Corporate Tax Foundation (CTF)
- Foundation for Corporate Tax Credit (FCTC)
- Independent Schools Corporate Tax Foundation (ISCTF)
- Arizona Community Foundation (ACFSTO)
With any questions regarding the Arizona Tax Credit Scholarships, please contact Kristie Berg, Director of Financial Aid, at 602.955.8200, ext. 2228.