How to Apply
*Even though the deadline for this admission season has passed, you may still apply as a late applicant for consideration in our second round of decisions. Please call the Admissions Office immediately to discuss your application.
The goal of the PCDS Admissions Office is to provide a warm, friendly, and informative introduction to our School. This checklist will help guide your family through the steps and deadlines in order to apply to PCDS.
All Applicants Must Have:
❏ Completed PCDS Application
❏ Application Fee
- The application fee is paid online with the application.
- Fee waivers are available for families needing financial assistance and for children of PCDS alumni.
- Please contact the PCDS Admissions Office to receive a fee waiver code.
❏ Transcripts / Report Cards from Current School
- Transcripts and report cards from the current school after the first grading period are required for all PCDS applicants for Grades 1-12.
Download a Transcript Release Form.
❏ Teacher Recommendations
- Teacher recommendations are required for all PCDS applicants.
❏ Campus Visit
- At least one parent/guardian of each applicant is expected to complete an individual visit with the Admissions Office.
- To schedule your campus visit, please contact:
- Applicants for grades K - 12 are expected to shadow a PCDS student for a portion of the school day.
- Pre-kindergarten applicants are required to participate in a Saturday Play Date from 9:00-10:30 a.m. on February 4 or 11.
❏ Completed Admissions Assessment
- Admissions assessments for applicants into grades 1-12 take place on December 3 (9 - 12 only), January 21 (1 - 12), and February 4 (1 -12).
- Pre-kindergarten and kindergarten applicants require an Individual Readiness Assessment, administered on a weekday morning, lasting approximately 45 minutes.
*Please note that all applicants to Pre-Kindergarten must be 4 years old by September 1 and all applicants to Kindergarten must be 5 years old by September 1.