How to Apply
The goal of the PCDS Admissions Office is to provide a warm, friendly, and informative introduction to our School. This checklist will help guide your family through the steps and deadlines in order to apply to PCDS.
All Applicants Must Have:
❏ Completed PCDS Application
- Click here to access the online application. Please read all instructions carefully.
❏ Application Fee
- The application fee is paid online with the application.
- Fee waivers are available for families needing financial assistance and for children of PCDS alumni.
- Please contact the PCDS Admissions Office to receive a fee waiver code.
❏ Transcripts / Report Cards from Current School
- Transcripts and report cards from the current school after the first grading period are required for all PCDS applicants for Grades 1-12.
Download a Transcript Release Form. You current school may fax to 602-381-4554 or email transcripts to email@example.com.
❏ Teacher Recommendations
- Teacher recommendations are required for all PCDS applicants. Please note that teacher recommendations must be completed after the first marking period. The electronic recommendation request will be available on December 1.
❏ Campus Visit
- At least one parent/guardian of each applicant is expected to complete an individual visit with the Admissions Office.
- To schedule your campus visit, please contact:
- Applicants for grades K - 12 are expected to shadow a PCDS student for a portion of the school day.
- Pre-kindergarten applicants are required to participate in a Saturday Play Date from 9:00-10:30 a.m. on January 27 or February 10.
❏ Completed Admissions Assessment
- Admissions assessments for applicants into grades 1-12 take place on December 9 (9 - 12 only), January 27 (1 - 12), and February 3 (1 -12).
- Pre-kindergarten and kindergarten applicants require an Individual Readiness Assessment, administered on a weekday morning, lasting approximately 45 minutes.
*Please note that all applicants to Pre-Kindergarten must be 4 years old by September 1 and all applicants to Kindergarten must be 5 years old by September 1.