Arizona Individual Private School Tax Credit


Redirect your 2017 state taxes to benefit PCDS students through the foundation,

Arizona Independent Schools Scholarship Foundation (AISSF).   


Married couples filing jointly can contribute up to $2,177.  Individuals can contribute up to $1,089. 

Deadline for 2017 tax season is April 15, 2018. 

What is it?

It is a state program that allows Arizona residents to redirect a portion of their Arizona tax obligation in support of the financial aid program of their favorite independent school – PCDS. Participants then receive a dollar-for-dollar credit against their 2017 Arizona income taxes. 

How much can I give?

Married couples filing jointly can contribute up to $2,177.  Individuals can contribute up to $1,089

How does it work?
  1. Make your 2017 Tax Credit contribution to PCDS through the Arizona Independent Schools Scholarship Foundation (AISSF) at or by mail by April 15, 2018.
  2. AISSF will send you a receipt for your contribution. Hold on to it.
  3. When filing your 2017 taxes, complete Arizona Forms 323 and 348 to deduct the full amount of your contribution as a credit on your state tax return. To help you out, we will email you those forms when available by the state.
What if I owe the state for the 2017 tax year?

Your Tax Credit contribution will give you a dollar-for-dollar credit on your state taxes. You will deduct your contribution from what you owe the state.

Example: You owe $3,000 to the state, and you make a Tax Credit contribution of  $2,177. You now only owe the state $823.

What if the state owes me a refund?

Your state refund will be increased by the amount of your Tax Credit contribution. 

Example: You are due a refund from the state of $500.  You make a Tax Credit contribution of $2,177 and you’ve now increased your refund to $2,677.

Who can participate?

Anyone who pays Arizona state taxes can contribute – relatives, friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc.

It’s really that simple! Please contact Katie Charles or Kristie Berg at 602-955-8200 if you have any questions.