Phoenix Country Day School is monitoring the rapidly-evolving COVID-19 situation carefully and taking proactive and prudent measures to try to ensure the health and safety of every member of our community in accordance with the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Maricopa County Department of Public Health, the World Health Organization (WHO), and other health officials. Our decisions are based on facts, science, and medical information, as the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff, and families is our priority.
Recommendations put forth by various government agencies may change based on new information regarding COVID-19. This page will provide timely updates specific to the School’s response and planning efforts.
PCDS prepares promising students to become responsible leaders and lifelong learners through an education that emphasizes intellectual engagement, independence, collaboration, creativity, and integrity.
In keeping with our mission, each grade-level and division is utilizing tools already in place to support extended education of our students in the event of a school closure. The PCDS Distance Learning Experience for students and families will be focused on sustaining connections between families, students, and teachers.
Please do not hesitate to let us know if you need assistance obtaining a device that can be used by your student(s) during this time. Please email your respective division head (Lynetta Binger, US; Ben Sullivan, MS; Jaki Ivins, LS) or Roz Abero should you need additional support.
- Trouble logging into myPCDS? Contact Eric Neufer, Information Resources Manager.
- Google login issues? Contact Joe Boehle, IT Director.
- Forgot Canvas password? Click Forgot Password on the Canvas login page. Enter your username (last name first initial: smithj).
- Please let your teacher or advisor know if you are experiencing any general technology issues.
- When can students and faculty return to the PCDS campus?
- What will happen with PCDS scheduled events?
- How can I ensure my child will be prepared academically for next school year?
- Is the school offering tuition refunds during this time?
- If my family is experiencing financial hardship, who can we speak to regarding financial assistance?
- How can we guard against COVID-19?
- How should I speak to my child about COVID-19?
Below, please see some common division-specific questions with answers. If you have additional questions, please be in touch with your child’s teacher (Lower School) or advisor (Middle and Upper School).
While the physical doors of Phoenix Country Day School are currently closed, school is definitely still in session. Our dedicated faculty and staff have worked tirelessly to prepare a curriculum that will emulate the in-classroom experience with new content for every class each day. The Distance Learning in Action page gives you an inside look at distance learning at PCDS.