How to Apply
We're excited you're about to take the first step in becoming a PCDS student. The journey starts here.
Please read the following instructions carefully before beginning your application. If you have questions, the Admissions Office is here to help at 602-955-8200 or email@example.com.
The application period has closed. Please contact the Admissions Office at 602-955-8200 to discuss the possibility of submitting a late application.
All Applicants Must Have:
❏ Completed PCDS Application
- The application period has closed. Please contact the Admissions Office.
❏ Application Fee
- The application fee is paid online with the application.
- Fee waivers are available for families needing financial assistance and for children of PCDS alumni. Please contact the PCDS Admissions Office to receive a fee waiver code.
❏ Transcripts / Report Cards from Current School
- Transcripts and report cards from the current school after the first grading period are required for all PCDS applicants for Grades K-12.
- Download a Transcript Release Form.
❏ Teacher Recommendations
- Teacher recommendations are required for all PCDS applicants. Please note that teacher recommendations must be completed after the first marking period. The online recommendation request will be available on December 1.
❏ Parent Campus Visit
- At least one parent/guardian of each applicant is expected to complete an individual visit with the Admissions Office. For grades 5-12 students are encouraged to join a parent/guardian for this informational visit.
❏ Student Campus Visit
- Applicants for grades 1 - 12 are expected to shadow a PCDS student for a portion of the school day.
- Pre-kindergarten and kindergarten applicants are required to participate in a Saturday Play Date on either January 26 or February 9.
*Note that a student must have submitted an application to schedule a shadow day or play date.
❏ Completed Admissions Assessment
- Admissions assessments for applicants into grades 1-12 take place on December 8 (9 - 12 only), January 26 (1 - 12), and February 9 (1 -12).
- Pre-kindergarten and kindergarten applicants require an Individual Readiness Assessment, administered on a weekday morning, lasting approximately 45 minutes.
*Please note that all applicants to Pre-kindergarten must be 4 years old by September 1 and all applicants to kindergarten must be 5 years old by September 1.
Phoenix Country Day School seeks and accepts students for admission without reference to race, color, religion, age, disability, national and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, or gender. Admissions and financial aid decisions are made independently.
Applications available online
Financial Aid Applications
Shadow Visits begin
Evening with the Heads
(Grades 9-12 only)
& February 9
Pre-kindergarten and kindergarten Play Date
available online 4 PM