How to Apply
We're excited you're about to take the first step in becoming a PCDS student. The journey starts here.
Please read the following instructions carefully before beginning your application. If you have questions, the Admissions Office is here to help at 602-955-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Applicants Must Have:
- At least one parent/guardian of each applicant is expected to complete an individual visit with the Admissions Office. This initial informational visit to campus can happen either before or after you submit an application for your child. For grades 5-12 students are encouraged to join a parent/guardian for this informational visit.
*Please note that all applicants to pre-kindergarten must be 4 years old by September 1 and all applicants to kindergarten must be 5 years old by September 1.
❏ Completed PCDS Application
- Access the 2020-21 online application. Please read all instructions carefully.
❏ Application Fee
- The application fee is paid online with the application.
- Fee waivers are available for families needing financial assistance and for children of PCDS alumni. Please contact the PCDS Admissions Office to receive a fee waiver code.
❏ Student Campus Visit
- Applicants for grades 1 - 12 are expected to shadow a PCDS student for a portion of the school day. Visits are available Monday through Thursday, with no visits on Friday.
- Pre-kindergarten and kindergarten applicants are required to participate in a Saturday Play Date on either January 25 or February 8.
- Note that a student must have submitted an application to schedule a shadow day or play date. Register for your child's shadow visit via the PCDS online application portal.
❏ Transcripts / Report Cards from Current School
- Transcripts and report cards from the current school after the first grading period are required for all PCDS applicants for Grades K-12.
- Download a Transcript Release Form.
❏ Teacher Recommendations
- Teacher recommendations are required for all PCDS applicants. Please note that teacher recommendations must be completed after the first marking period. The online recommendation request form will be available on December 1.
❏ Completed Admissions Assessment
- Admissions assessments take place on December 7 (grades 9 - 12 only), January 25 (grades 1 - 12), and February 8 (grades 1 -12).
For families applying to PCDS from out of state, PCDS accepts either the SSAT or the ISEE in lieu of our onsite admissions assessment (for grades 6-12 only).
- Pre-kindergarten and kindergarten applicants require an Individual Readiness Assessment, administered on a weekday morning, lasting approximately 45 minutes. Register for your child's assessment via the PCDS online application portal.
Phoenix Country Day School seeks and accepts students for admission without reference to race, color, religion, age, disability, national and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, or gender. Admissions and financial aid decisions are made independently.
Upper School shadow visits begin
(Grades 9-12 only)
& February 8
Pre-kindergarten and kindergarten Play Date
available online 4 PM