PCDS Parents' Association
Working together for a stronger community
The Phoenix Country Day School Parents' Association is comprised of all parents of current PCDS students, and is designed to support the entirety of the PCDS experience. Whether serving as a conduit of information from the school to other parents, or communicating ideas or suggestions to support the school on issues of interest, the Parents' Association is vital in a closely-knit community such as PCDS.
The Association’s purpose is to:
- Better communicate the School’s objectives, plans, and policies to the parents.
- Establish another avenue by which parents may communicate their ideas and suggestions to the school on issues of interest to the general school-wide community
- Develop a closer relationship between the School and parents of its students; encourage parents to communicate directly with teachers, Division Heads, and/or Head of School on issues specific to their child’s academic and social successes
- Establish and develop limited fund-raising programs to involve parents in the progress of the School
- Assist parents in their orientation and involvement in the School.
Current parents: Visit Parents' Association on myPCDS for event and contact information.
"I found the experience of being a Grade Representative to be rewarding on so many levels. First, I learned more about the Lower School operations and curriculum. Second, I had the opportunity to make new connections with the other Grade Representatives, parents, teachers, and staff. Lastly, the added bonus was getting to know my son’s classmates better and being able to participate in classroom activities! It was a win/win all around. Even though I work full-time, the role is manageable, and I would do it again in a heart beat. I highly encourage others parents to sign up to be a Grade Representative while your son/daughter is in Lower School." – Anne Marie Schaub
1st Grade Rep, 2017-18