Blue + Gold = Green
Set out as a priority in the Strategic Plan, and inspired by our Portrait of a Graduate, PCDS continues to advance our environmental stewardship and sustainability programs in the classroom and throughout campus.
PCDS supports student and faculty engagement in sustainability-related programs, projects and professional development for faculty that deepens understanding and practice of sustainability. PCDS strives to be positive members of the local and global community by preparing our students to become environmentally sustainable and prepared to contribute to a more sustainable world by incorporating appropriate learning and practice into school policies, administration, curriculum, campus operations, student life, and engagement with the broader community.
Sustainability and climate change are taught across all three divisions and faculty and staff reinforce best practices and bring environmental stewardship into the curriculum.
- Single-use plastic water bottles have been eliminated across campus
- Campus-wide events are zero-waste
- We celebrate Earth Month every April
- We have more than 50 water filtration filling stations on campus
- Most classrooms and offices have at least one indoor plant
- Each division offers multiple Earth-friendly clubs