Take a deep breath! Here we go...
PCDS has a new website. In addition to providing a fresh look at Phoenix Country Day School, it gives us the opportunity to update, expand, and streamline our online resources. We're writing this blog to guide the PCDS community through this new landscape: to describe new features and changes to existing ones, to explain how the new systems work, and provide hints for getting around efficiently. We'll also point out any bumps in the road to help minimize confusion.
The new site has enabled us to gather many school-related functions under one roof.
Parents: When you log into the new myPCDS, you'll have one place to:
- Get timely information about the school and the divisions in which your children are enrolled
- Search the new online family directory by parent, student, grade, or class
- Update household and parent information
- Update your family's pickup and emergency contacts
- View your children's schedules and, beginning next year, their grade reports
- Submit school enrollment forms
- Beginning in June...
- View tuition invoices and scheduled payments
- Pay tuition manually or through auto-pay
- And more as we grow into the new possibilities
Students in grades 5-12: You'll be able to quickly access and print your schedules and, next year, grade reports. You'll be able to search the family directory, as well.
Websites are always works in progress; this is especially true for new sites. And, in our case, we have launched a bit earlier than is ideal, since we want everyone to have an opportunity to get acquainted with the site well before the beginning of the next school year. Launching early, though, means that a few things aren't quite finished yet, so we ask that you "pardon our cyber-dust" as we tend to those things.
An important work in progress is student grade reports. At the end of the school year, we will be directing you to the old myPCDS to access these. Details will follow.
We invite you to come on in and explore. The second post will provide an overview of the site and describe how to log in for full access...